Drawing on our 2018 Sentiment Report that surveyed over 500 CFOs and finance leaders from around the globe and in-depth interviews with dozens of CFO Alliance Members, we are gathering together at our Q2 Roundtable Series to discuss,debate and dissect how CFOs can build and lead a finance function that embraces technology to improve performance, increase efficiencies and enhance confidence and understanding across the enterprise.
Where once its purpose was predominantly that of a reporting function that focused on balancing the books, finance has become the data-driven decision-center.
Join your peers as we gather to explore the future of the finance function and its two connected parts: Technology & People
Learning Objectives / Key Takeaways
Technology - Ongoing advances in new technologies — such as in-memory computing, the cloud, analytics, mobility, business intelligence (BI), and process automation — offer CFOs an exciting opportunity to redesign what the finance function can and should look like. In addition, many CFOs are now leading the effort in driving adoption of these technologies more broadly in the organization, and in leading the transformation that ensues from technology innovation.
- How do new technologies help enterprises save costs, manage risks and increase insights?
- What are the most effective ways that finance leaders can challenge assumptions and encourage experimentation with new technologies?
- How can finance leaders most effectively take calculated risks and manage the inherent risks associated with technological innovation?
People - CFOs must make bold moves to build a finance function that has the right people, with the right skills, to complement and get the most out of new technologies, and success as a CFO will depend on combining the intelligence of smart technologies with the intellect, emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills of talented people.
- What are some ways that finance leaders can identify the right people to build the finance function around?
- How do finance leaders combine people with technology to enhance culture and improve performance?
7.15 - 8.00 Networking
8.00 - 8.15 Welcome/Opening Remarks
8.15 - 8.45 CFOA Member Case Study Q&A
8:45 - 9.15 Table Discussions
9.15 - 9.45 Group Share
9.45 - 10.15 RT Summary, Key Takeaways, and Next Steps
10.15 - 11.00 Networking/Meet the team, Global Advisory Board + CFOA Team Members will be available to meet with you